Parallel Programming Frameworks? Which exists? Which works wit VC+
chris
2010-04-19 09:35:01 UTC
Hello I am interested in parallel programming frameworks for C/C++ especially
Visual C/C++.

I want to compare these frameworks and choosing the best one for my
requirements.

My research about this topic results in these frameworks:
OpenMP
OpenMPI (for distributed computing)
TBB (Thread Building Blocks by Intel) - I think works with Intel and
Microsoft Compiler
PPL Parallel Programming Library by Microsoft coming with the new C++
standard.

Does somebody know more frameworks like these or have some useful links
about that topic?

Thank you for your help.

Nice Regards
Chris
James Cornell
2010-05-10 09:28:04 UTC
Post by chris
Hello I am interested in parallel programming frameworks for C/C++ especially
Visual C/C++.
I want to compare these frameworks and choosing the best one for my
requirements.
OpenMP
OpenMPI (for distributed computing)
TBB (Thread Building Blocks by Intel) - I think works with Intel and
Microsoft Compiler
PPL Parallel Programming Library by Microsoft coming with the new C++
standard.
Does somebody know more frameworks like these or have some useful links
about that topic?
Thank you for your help.
Nice Regards
Chris
For standardization, OpenMP is the way forward. TBB if you can afford
it. The others are mainly for applications facing cloud computing and
farm workloads.

James